TITLE: HP Z440/Z640/Z840 Workstation System BIOS
VERSION: 2.38 REV: A PASS: 1
This package contains the System BIOS image and flash utilities for the HP Z440/Z640/Z840 Workstations. These utilities can be used to restore or update the System BIOS. System BIOS is independent of the Operating System.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP82736.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 807078edcc7cfadecaab1361ee80e8bf
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 16, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP Z640 Workstation
HP Z840 Workstation
HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 MSNA
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
• Improves security of UEFI code and variables. . (Vulnerabilities to be disclosed as HP PSR-2017-0123 and HP PSR-2017-0134). HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version.
• Updates SATA/sSATA UEFI Driver and Option ROM to v126.96.36.1996.
• Updates HP UEFI Diagnostics to v1.21.
• Modifies TPM Activation Policy "No Prompts" WMI setting to also eliminate prompts when upgrading TPM.
• Modifies implementation of ASF port 623 reporting.
PCR0 (TPM 1.2, TXT disabled) = 3864B052A7A5E8D0D68C6B525CE7C264042FFD9C (SHA1)
PCR0 (TPM 1.2, TXT enabled) = A53040199863DE972A57CDCCBA5A1D595B8D622F (SHA1)
PCR0 (TPM 2.0 SHA256, TXT disabled) = 8F6FD3E49706E7EFDAFD56FB55FB8E02FC9766BE482C07D80D8AB2081CF5B196 (SHA256)
PCR0 (TPM 2.0 SHA256, TXT enabled) = B0D9EC8871DABC7D931A6EB0783CDFB3DAA2422F8999301CC4954D1FD2879E77 (SHA256)
• Fixes an issue where system would not boot from optical media in certain situations.
• Fixes an issue where system with PCIe cards that do not implement extended config space could hang during POST.
• Fixes an issue where system with certain custom PCIe cards could hang during POST in some slot configurations.
• Fixes an issue where system in Legacy mode with multiple add-in cards could experience PMM allocation error during POST.
• Fixes an issue where Capsule Update would fail with BIOS Administrator Password set.
• Fixes an issue where Network BIOS Update could fail if LAN cable without internet connection is connected to system.
HOW TO USE:
1. Insert a USB key into the computer that has the downloaded BIOS Softpaq.
2. Execute the Softpaq.
3. Select the Copy option from the GUI. Alternatively, the BIOS binary file is located in the following directory:C:\SWSETUP\SP82736\HPBIOSUPDREC
4. Copy the binary to the following directory on the USB key:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New
5. Insert the USB key into the workstation that is to be updated and reboot or boot the unit to the Startup menu by pressing Esc during POST (before the OS loads).
6. Use the arrow keys to select the "Flash System Bios" option. Follow the prompts to update the BIOS. Alternatively, the "Flash System Bios" feature is available in BIOS Setup from the Main menu.
Copyright Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.