TITLE: HP Firmware Pack (Q78)
VERSION: 01.06.00 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for the supported notebook models with a Q78 family ROM. This package is used to flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp94780.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 505f878900c8f2c835693deba267f04b
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 01, 2019
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 846 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
HP ZBook 14u G5 Mobile Workstation
HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Healthcare Edition Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 846 G5 Healthcare Edition Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 830 G5 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 836 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Provides support for the Russian Language in the F10 setup interface.
- Adds a feature to hide the BIOS administrator account in the Power-On Authentication screen.
- Improves the touch keyboard layout in the Japanese language.
- Increases the PXE IP time-to-live (TTL) value to improve compatibility with diverse network environments.
- Provides support for the Drivelock password feature on a Pyrite NVMe SSD.
- Updates the CPU microcode for Intel processors to 0x9A.
- Updates the Intel silicon reference code for enhanced compatibility.
- Adds a feature in BIOS setup (F10), Launch Hotkeys without pressing the function (Fn) key.
- Updates the Cypress PD firmware to provide enhanced compatibility for USCI and USB Type-C charging.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2018-12201, CVE-2018- 12202, CVE-2018-12203, CVE-2018-12204, and CVE-2018-12205.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2018-12188, CVE-2018-12189, CVE-2018-12190, CVE-2018-12191, CVE-2018-12192, CVE-2018-12199, CVE-2018-12198, CVE-2018-12200, CVE-2018-12187, CVE-2018-12196, CVE-2018-12185, and CVE-2018-12208.
- Fixes an issue where BitLocker cannot be unlocked over a network.
- Fixes an issue where the system updates firmware from the EFI partition of system drive instead of a USB drive connected to the system when Update System and Supported Device Firmware Using Local Media is selected from the BIOS setup (F10).
- Fixes an issue where the virtual touch keyboard continues to be displayed in the HP logo screen after the correct PIN code is entered.
- Fixes an issue where changes made in the BIOS Setup (F10) after a failed PXE boot are not saved.
- Fixes an issue where the system hangs in the Power-On Self-Test (POST) when an Apple USB-C HDMI/VGA Multiport Adapter is connected to the system.
- Fixes an issue where a BIOS update initiated by Windows Update does not install after input the incorrect Admin password is initially input followed by the correct password.
- Fixes an issue where the system continues to update the Management Engine and Cypress PD Firmware after the incorrect BIOS administrator password is entered.
- Fixes an issue where Absolute Persistence does not function properly while HP Sure Run is activated.
- Fixes an issue which causes the audio output to be distorted while a third party AC adapter is being connected to the system.
- Fixes an issue where remote diagnostic does not function properly and the system displays the error message, Could not detect network link or network cable is unplugged.
- Fixes an issue where the Wake on USB option continues to be displayed in the BIOS setup (F10) for a configuration does not support the use of an external USB.
- Fixes an issue where a scheduled power-on function continues to function when the system is running in battery mode.
- Fixes an issue where the system is unable to PXE boot over IPv4 when the MAC Address Pass Through (MAPT) is set.
- Fixes an issue where system unexpected displays the message, HP recommends using an HP power source, when the system is connected to a 45W HP Type-C adaptor.
- Fixes an issue where a WWAN device connected to the system cannot be detected after the WWAN device is disabled in BIOS setup (F10) and an ungraceful shutdown (unsafe or sudden shutdown) occurs.
- Fixes an issue where the Management Engine firmware update process stops running when the system is connected to an HP Thunderbolt Dock during the update process.
- Fixes an issue where the Physical Presence Interface continues to be displayed when Intel SGX is disabled in BIOS setup (F10) with the Physical Presence Interface setting disabled.
- Fixes an issue on a system running a Brazilian keyboard where multiple characters are unexpectedly generated when a single key is pressed.
- Fixes an issue where the HP Easy Clean application does not close properly when system the resumes from hibernation after system enters hibernation when the lid is closed.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright Copyright (c) 2019 HP Development Company, L.P.