Welcome to HP Customer Support
- Support Home
- Software and Drivers
- Contact Us
- Business Support
- My HP Account
Fix scanning problems
Diagnose & fix any of the following scanning problems or error messages using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- An error occurred communicating with the scanning device
- An error occurred while communicating with the HP imaging device
- Computer not found
- No Computer Detected
- Scan to computer is currently unavailable
- Scan to computer no longer activated
- Scan Unsuccessful
- Scanner not found
- Scanner Unreachable
- The scanner could not be initialized
Follow the Steps below to resolve scanning problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Click Fix Scanning.
See Additional resources if the problem is unresolved or if there are other scanning problems.
HP Virtual Agent
Use our HP’s automated Virtual Agent to try and find a resolution for your issue.(In English)
Is your printer currently offline?
Does your printer display a status of offline or printer offline and the printer does not print?
Your software is downloading...
You are currently downloading a version of HP Print & Scan Doctor designed to resolve printer offline conditions.
You will be directed to a set of detailed steps...
If your download does not start, click here
Select registration option
- Save your personal devices and preferences
- Easy access to support resources
- Managing contracts and warranties for your business
- Submitting and managing support cases
Select a location
Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Česká republika
- Middle East
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Bosna i Hercegovina