HP Customer Support
HP Pavilion dv6000 and Compaq Presario V6000 Notebook PCs - Steps for Removing and Replacing the Real-Time Clock Battery
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the real-time clock battery for the dv6000 and V6000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video.
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
note:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the Real-Time Clock battery
- Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover and remove it.
- Disconnect the RTC battery cable from the system board.
- Carefully lift the RTC battery off of the system board and remove.
Step 3 - Replace the Real-Time Clock battery
- Peel the paper backing off of the RTC battery.
- Place the RTC battery into position on the system board and press down to secure the tape on the bottom of the RTC battery.
- Reconnect the RTC battery cable to the system board.
- Toe the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover into the base enclosure.
- Tighten the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.
Ask the community!