HP Notebook PCs - Steps for Removing and Replacing the Real-Time Clock Battery
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the real-time clock battery for the dv6000 and V6000 series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
note:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the Real-Time Clock battery
- Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover and remove it.
- Disconnect the RTC battery cable from the system board.
- Carefully lift the RTC battery off of the system board and remove.
Step 3 - Replace the Real-Time Clock battery
- Peel the paper backing off of the RTC battery.
- Place the RTC battery into position on the system board and press down to secure the tape on the bottom of the RTC battery.
- Reconnect the RTC battery cable to the system board.
- Toe the memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover into the base enclosure.
- Tighten the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws.
Step 4 - Replace the battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.
Prefer to troubleshoot on your own?
Country: United States