HP Customer Support
HP Notebook PCs - Steps for Removing and Replacing the CD or DVD Drive
This document provides general instructions for the removal and replacement of the optical drive for HP notebook PCs. Your notebook PC may not appear the same. Please consult the documentation provided with your PC for specific instructions.
Parts replacement instructions for all models are available under the Manuals section of the product page for your model. See the online Maintenance and Service Guide for in Manuals section.
note:Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the Macromedia website (in English) to download and install Flash Player.
Step 1 - Remove the Battery
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
- Lift the front edge of the battery and remove it from battery bay.
Step 2 - Remove the Optical Drive
- Remove the 11mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom of the notebook.
- Use your fingers to grasp the edge of the optical drive bezel and slide the optical drive out of the base enclosure.
Step 3 - Replace the Optical Drive
- Insert the optical drive into the base enclosure until the connector is seated.
- Replace the 11mm P1 Phillips-head screw that secures the optical drive to the bottom of the notebook.
Step 4 - Replace the Battery
- Toe the rear edge of the battery into the base enclosure.
- Lower the front edge of the battery and press the battery into the battery bay until the release latch clicks.
Ask the community!