The printer detects a defective or improperly installed print cartridge, one of both cartridges is out of ink, or a cartridge is missing.
1. Open the top cover of the printer, the RESUME light will flash and the print cartridge cradle will move to the center of the printer.
2. Lift up one of the print cartridge latches.
3. Grasp the top of the print cartridge and pull it out of its cradle.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for the other print cartridge.
NOTE: If you are going to insert new cartridges or are having problems with the cartridges that you are using, make sure that you have removed any tape covering the ink nozzles and do not touch the ink nozzles or the gold-covered contacts.
5. To insert each cartridge, tilt the cartridge towards you as you are inserting it into its cradle.
6. Push the cartridge down firmly into its cradle slot.
7. Close the print cartridge latch.
8. Make sure that you have completed Steps 5-7 for each cartridge.
9. Close the top cover of the printer.
The RESUME light should stop flashing.